Finale in the Black Hills of South Dakota


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We haven't crossed the finish line yet, because we aren't home. But we have visited every destination on our itinerary with the exception of Zion which we traded for a couple of extra days in Sedona. Gladly. It's been almost three weeks. Elbow to Elbow. We haven't killed the kids or each other and they haven't run away with the circus. In fact, tonight, we're sitting about five miles from Mt Rushmore having seen both the national monument and the Crazy Horse Monument earlier this afternoon/evening. Early today, we did the Deadwood Museum and a Gold Mine, where the kids panned for gold. Mark popped the celebratory bottle of champagne after the kids went to bed guaranteeing trouble to come on the way home. The vacation is essentially over. All we have to do is drive home. We can't believe it has been nearly three weeks. What a great adventure that we will all truely remember the rest of our lives. It's funny but not one of us has been home sick -- I guess that is because we are all together.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



4th July 2007

It is something you'll never forget
I took a car trip across the country when I was 13 with my Mom, her best friend and her niece and I still remember it. You had your share of RV problems, but otherwise I think you had a trip planned for the kids and for you too and it sounds like it really worked well. We do have some great sights in the East, but nothing like those in the West. I hope the trip home will be problem free. The boys will have a great answer to the old, "what did you do on your summer vacation?" Love to all of you and I LOVE PIE!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb