Carni Central - Myrtle Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » South Carolina » Myrtle Beach
September 16th 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After being dropped off at the greyhound station by a friendly fellow travellor from the hostel we made our way to Myrtle Beach where we were picked up by our host Stevanna and her dogs. Other than the fine weather and nice beaches the rest of the town was quiet frankly one of the worst tacky tourist towns ever. We reckon it was designed to rob you of your money and sanity and to transport you to a place resembling a carnival from hell. The downtown experience came complete with an abundance of pitifully cheap T-shirts and souveneir shops, video game arcades and fake tattoo stalls manned by the predictable ensemble of colourful carni folk. Mick tried to restrain his laughter when Hayley was laying out on the sand (trying to forget her location) and was timely shat on by a bird. The amusement didn’t last long though as Hayley then fell sick with the flu for a couple of days. Awesome times!!
Admittedly the strip along the beach is a continuos row of hotels and resorts and if you were just wanting to hang out at your hotel or the beach then Myrtle Beach probably could be a good time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.6kb