More photos from the south


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

First up apologies for the Facebook users as you may recognise some photos that have already been posted......but hey what can you do!

First up youll be pleased to know that i heard NPR (national public radio - a simply fabulous radio programme broadcast nationally ala triple J but whose emphasis rather than on music is on real news and current affairs both locally and globally - check it out at http://www.npr.org/ - simply tremendous coverage)......anyway the lead local story was that some of the local councillors in all their wisdom are trying to pass legislation aimed at deeming illegal the wearing of pants below the waist while exposing underwear as seems to be the fashion among certain people in the area. And not content with such measures it is propsed that extremely baggy pants be made illegal all together. Good to see the real issues are being aggressivley addressed by certain elected officials!

I was at least able to have a chuckle at the story on my way to work this monday morning!

You will all be ecstatic to know (hopefullly not jealous!) that summer is here! Even though a june starting summer is a little bit of a strange concept for me the fact the aussies have been playing the west indies in the cricket is comforting that warm weather is associated with the Aussies winning cricket matches!

How hot you ask - low 30'sC every day with the occasional almost 40C thrown in for good measure. And it is a little humid so it doesnt take Doges very long to pant his heart out as Beth takes him out for a quick lunch time walk! The boy is loving life - fed twice a day not including his lunch time snacks and the endless scraps thrown his way - really though the boy does begging doggy eyes better than any creature ive met - but dont worry his 4-5 walks/runs a day helps him metabolise any food he knocks back!

I am surfing again and seriously contemplating some team sport action after almost 18 mths on the sidelines! while the waves here are at best ordinary Beth and i are cleverly going to overcome such a fact by flying to costa rica for some culture infused surf sessions in the not too distant future - at least thats the plan.

I had my first baseball experience over the weekend with a friend of Beths having season tickets which scored us some wonderfull seats directly behind the home team dug out and i caught the eye of the first baseman who had just made a play and he gracioulsy tossed me one of the game balls! I have been informed by a number of people that i have simply spoiled myself with such an experience as little kids have apparently gone to a life time of games and as a grown adult are still hanging out for a game ball! What can i say it sucks to be me!

Now theres some exciting things coming up in the not too distant future. Mum and Rachel are poping in to visit as is Joe from the UK so very much looking forward to that, G-Love and the special sauce (arguably one of the greatest band names ever in my humble opinion) are playing just up the road and are being supported by none other than the John Buttler Trio so tickets have already been locked in for that event. Can you believe it but there is a Rugby Union match to be played at the local football ground! The USA national team are playing a french provincial side so im looking forward to seeing some rough and ready union!

Other than that.....continuing to live the USA dream!

Hope youre all having fun wherever you may be!

Simo

PS A MASSSIVE shout out to Jules for her big night this coming saturday. A birthday worthy of raising her proverbial cricket bat : ) !!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Seat with a viewSeat with a view
Seat with a view

One of Beths friends got us ridiculously good seats right behind the home dug out.....
And.............And.............
And.............

................i scored myself a game ball!
Success.....Success.....
Success.....

First game of baseball, great seats, fabulous company, a game ball and a couple of big cold (albeit it Miller lite!) beers tucked snuggly into my stubbie holder! Ill take that any day of the week!
Dance dance danceDance dance dance
Dance dance dance

In front of the stage was where all the action was happening!


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb