Technology and Money


Advertisement
Published: April 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

It seems to me that technology is making it easier for people to become rich these days. For example, I was reading a Rolling Stone magazine the other day and stumbled upon an article that deals with Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of "The Facebook" The Facebook is a website exclusively limited to colleges around the country and now the world I think. The Facebook enables students to have a page displaying personal information and interests about themselves and allows other college students to see it. Since the start of the facebook a couple of years ago it has risen in popularity and has become the 4th most visited website in the world now. It is also estimated at being a 1 billion dollar business. Mark Zuckerberg is only 21 years old, the head CEO of a billion dollar corportation, and a Havard drop out. That is what I like the most about this story, the kid has more money then he knows what to do with and did not even graduate from one of the top schools in the country. Some might think that Zuckerberg is a genius, but I think there are hundreds of people that could have easily done the same thing and be in his poistion. How many websites are out there today, millions? It is clear that using the internet and creative websites like the facebook can land average people like Mark Zuckerberg with millions of dollars, and it can be done without years of schooling and work.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb