White's - T - Trip


Advertisement
Published: June 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

June 28th, 2013

Got to bed too late tonight (12:30am) and got up @ 5:19am because a man was here at my son's machine shop to pick up a part they needed as the shop is closed next week. not much progress was made today in getting the 1913 T ready for the trip. Another guy (Randy) stopped by to pick up a repair job. I asked him to look at mounting the license plate since the McLaren wire wheel mounted on the spare tire carrier interfered with the tail light & license plate. I showed him how the light & license plate bracket is mounted, he said just turn the mounting bracket around, it placed the license plate in a perfect spot, problem solved. Ernie came again today and adjusted the Rocky Mt Brakes (new lining installed). Ordered new wire harness & spark plug wire set today.



June 29th, 2013

Had a good day today. To solve the exhaust pipe problem, with the spare wheel mounted on the back of 1913 T, the exhaust pipe pointed 2" away and at the spare tire. 3" was cut off the tail pipe & a 90 degree pipe slipped over the tail pipe. Aired all the tires to 60 psi, installed the hub caps, removed, cleaned & greased the front shackles. Polished all the brass, my favorite job & aligned the front end. My wife Mae is busy getting things she needs to get ready. Tomorrow is Sunday, our day of rest, thank GOD for that so our body can be refreshed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb