Day8- Philly Cheese Steak


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


this day, I checked off 2 things to do in Philadelphia ...first try the philly cheese steak and go to Macy's.

Then we went to Independence Hall which is the centerpiece of Independence National Historical Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, on Chestnut Street between 5th and 6th Streets. It is known primarily as the location where both the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution were debated and drafted. Liberty Bell is another significant aspect of Philadelphia.



Then we made that hilarious trip to The Eastern State Penitentiary, also known as ESP, is a former American prison in Philadelphia, PA. The penitentiary refined the revolutionary system of separate incarceration first pioneered at the Walnut Street Jail which emphasized principles of reform rather than punishment. Not many people like visiting this place, because it is definitely not a pleasant sight. But this stresses on why America has the highest imprisonment rate in the world. But it definitely did give me a good idea as to crime is not taken lightly in the US, so it is not a place to get into trouble.

To end the day, we went for group lunch to China town and debated a lot about the ESP.


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb