Day 10 - Downtown


Advertisement
Published: April 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

With Amy and MattWith Amy and MattWith Amy and Matt

Inside Sabrina's Cafe. It's a very small place and always crowded. I believe on weekends people wait in a long queue to eat here!!
After breakfast replied to mails and updated travel blog...my routine every morning. It has been raining non stop since Saturday night. Left at 11:30am and drove for more than an hour to Sabrina's Cafe. Lot of people were waiting in that small crowded restaurant and we also had to wait in spite of making reservations. They call out names from the reservation list as soon as there is a table to accomodate us.

After brunch drove around downtown. Did a small city tour by car in the rain. Camcost where there was supposed to be a huge screen of 2000sq.ft. showing the history of Philadelphia was closed. Saw City Hall, which is the center of government, Logan's Square with the lovely fountain in the center, the dockyard with many ships..some of them warships. Also saw the Philadelphia Museum of Art the Schuylkill River where people were rowing in the rain and the zoo. Sandra called while we were driving back and spoke for awhile. She said she will try and fix a re-union with Anita, Annie, her and me.

Came home at 3pm and slept. Poornima and Prashanth had to go for a party in the evening. We watched
Brunch for themBrunch for themBrunch for them

That's R's Veggie Burger in the front and Poornima's French Toast at the back.
a few episodes of Monk. Balaji and Nandhini called. Spoke to Viswam and Madhu. Dinner of roti, kadi pakoda and brocoli. Watched some T.V...Amazing Race and Dark Knight and went to bed by 10pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lunch for us!Lunch for us!
Lunch for us!

That's my veg. soup in the front and Prashanth's bread toast, stuffed egg omelet and baked potatoes. The two cutlet like things are veg. sausages.
Remembered PrathuRemembered Prathu
Remembered Prathu

Waiting for the car outside Sabrina's Cafe where we had brunch. You can see the Community College in the background. Students from here work part time in the restaurant.
Saw front to back!Saw front to back!
Saw front to back!

That's the Philadelphia Museum of Art in the background. Rocky Balboa (Stallone) runs up these stairs in the movie Rocky. There is a statue of him to the right of the stairs. He was a native of Philadelphia.
After lunchAfter lunch
After lunch

Bedroom where we sleep.
Before going to bedBefore going to bed
Before going to bed

Another bedroom next to ours. It is from here that we would send mails.


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb