Spring is in the air ...


Advertisement
Published: March 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

New Yellow LifeNew Yellow LifeNew Yellow Life

What a great spring greeting!
It is really hard to describe how beautiful the simple things in the States appear after coming from the dust, concrete jungle of Beijing, that also frequently struggles with polluted air and a press of humanity.
This morning I took a few minutes to marvel at the flowers popping through the dirt in the garden. It is even funny to think 'even the dirt seems clean!' I guess our middle son must be processing through the same thoughts as he played in his Pop-pop's backyard with his brother “hey, you don't even have to watch out for the poop in the grass!” I guess the literally thousands of dogs in our neighborhood back home in Beijing have left a clear impression on him!

Whew … the other adventure of the day was sorting through the mountain of mail waiting for us after being gone for 2 years! You would think that the credit cards would give up after a while, but they must have sacrificed an entire tree over the last couple years offering us a special offer on “balance transfers” and “lower interest rates!”


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Exploding forthExploding forth
Exploding forth

Even the dirt seems clean!
Piles of mail Piles of mail
Piles of mail

Ahh the joys of being gone for 2 years!


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb