Day 1 - Airport and Flight to Ireland


Advertisement
Published: October 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our trip started with our decision to take the train to the airport instead of being dropped off by one of the kids directly to the airport. Diane and I both took the entire day off even though our flight was not until late in the evening. The train option seemed like a good one right until the point where the train stopped only minutes after leaving the station. Apparently, an automobile was stranded on a railroad crossing that blocked our train. The train was reversed and returned to Norristown transportation Center. As it appeared the situation was not going to be resolved anytime soon, it was decision time. Since we had plenty of time to get to the airport on time, we decided to call and Uber. This turned out be a great decision. We arrived at the airport earlier than we would have on the train. Check-in was a snap - no problem. We had plenty of time to enjoy our pre-flying tradition of drinks and food at Chickie's and Pete's in the terminal. A good way to chill out and get ourselves into a vacation frame of mind!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb