Going West after a Fields milkshake 😋


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon
October 3rd 2023
Published: October 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a massive drive 312 miles.
From Alford Desert to Silver Lake Christmas Valley.

We left Alford Desert headed to Fields station established in1881. Famous for its cows, beef and milk. You have a burger or a milkshake we had a milkshake and a pancake the size of a 12 inch pizza.
I had a 3 Cs milkshake, chocolate, coffee and caramel. They were so thick they gave you a spoon to eat it.

We headed off up the west flank of the Steen Mountains we had intended to travel up to them but there had been a rock fall due to rain.
We travelled on through the Diamond Loop, diamond swamp and Diamond crater outstanding natural area full of volcanic features. Peter French round barn built in 1880s and still standing.
Back to Burns taking the 20 to Riley then the 395 towards Wagontire and on to Silver Lake Christmas Valley. Yes that is what it's called it even had a Snowman Road ⛄️

We never know where we're going to stay at the rnd of each day. We always plan to stop about 5pm latest and see what's around or available.

We found Silver Creek camp site 10 miles off the main road. An ideal spot after the big days drive.
Secluded campsite with one other camper there.
We set up camp and made a fire toasting marshmallow and watching the moon rise and stars come out.
These campsites have no amenities maybe a toilet block. You just pick a spot and put your money in an envelope and pop it in the box with your details.
We slept like babies and ate a lot of sugar today

Next day we headed for Crater Lake only about 100 miles away. More to come about that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb