Camping at Sun River


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Sunriver
June 28th 2019
Published: August 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We made the best of our weekend in Seven Feathers swimming at the pool, taking walks along the stream behind our RV and walking down to the casino store to buy ice cream. The playground wasn’t much to write about and we didn’t spend much time there. Emilio was so anxious to get to Fynn but he did well with our stop.

On Monday morning we got a call, the shop found that a fuse had gone out and the truck was ready to go. We couldn’t believe it, such a simple fix.

Clayton and Jen left Lost Lake that morning as there were no hookups. Their fridge had lost power when the battery went out, they ran out of water and needed showers badly. We all drove straight to Sun River.

Sun River is a resort town and we camped close by at a private RV park, Thousand Trails. The RV park has a pool, kayaks to rent for the river and games for kids. Sun River has a small amusement park with bumper cars, jump houses, miniature golf and a climbing wall.

For 2 days, Tues and Wed it was just Dale, Emilio and I along with Clayton’s family with Zoey, Fynn and twins. We took the kids to Sun River 1 day where kids did lots of jumping, drove bumper cars and then made a stop for ice cream. Back at the RV park the kids would swim in the pool and try to catch frogs at the river. One day Clayton rented a kayak and he and kids took turns paddling and catching frogs.

Bekki arrived on Thursday with two more grandkids, we went to Bend and spent time at the river there. The playground was large and gave the kids lots of options. The walk to the river was beautiful and made for some photo opportunities.

Fynn and Emilio have never spent much time together but they got along so well, like the best of old friends. But it was also good for Emilio to have his other cousins to himself before the rest of his siblings arrived.

The week went by quickly and on Saturday morning we had to say goodbye. On to the next adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.644s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb