Chautauquas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
February 18th 2010
Published: May 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

February 18, 2010

Adam and I tied the knot in Vail, Colorado two weeks ago (2.6.2010). We feel so blessed to have had 86 friends and family trek out to Vail in the snow to be there for our wedding weekend. We love everybody so much and are so thankful to have the people that we do in our lives. Unfortunately, our wedding did not necessarily offer up the best atmosphere for spending QUALITY time with our peeps.

So in the spirit of pursuing this quality time, it is only fitting that we traverse the USofA on a motorcycle, to love on and be loved by the people that we care about. ("Quality" being the major focus of Robert Pirsig's book, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, it is in all my dorkdumb that this unintended parallel gets me very excited.)

We shall set out to get the full experience of our own country and our own roots, before we try to go deeper into the rest of the globe. International departure target date is now late September.

This Summer, Adam and Kara are coming to a city near you. Vroom vroom baby.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb