The South Pacific


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
October 22nd 2005
Published: October 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

No job. No plans. Just six weeks in New Zealand, Australia and Fiji. October 27th - December 9th.

This isn't meant to make you jealous or sad or angry that you are sitting in front of a computer reading this while we are living the Lord of the Rings. Mark and I traded in many months of free time to work hard toward one goal—to travel. It's a choice. That's why I drive a 16-year-old truck with a failing head gasket, so I can afford to see another part of the world. We travel to understand and experience culture. To feel small, scared, excited, humbled, but mostly, free. For that brief moment in time, we shed all responsibility—jobs, furniture, mortgages, commute times, deadlines, cars—and we get lost. Nobody knows where we are. And sometimes, neither do we.

Welcome to our Travel Blog. You might find this boring, philosophic travel rhetoric or you might find it entertaining. We'll try to keep the entries short. So you can read it or delete it. But just remember, we included you because we thought you'd appreciate knowing what else is out there.

Advertisement



22nd October 2005

Taka...
Has lost his rockstart title to Mark... look at that guy. Hope you two are already having fun!
23rd October 2005

lets hear it -
please --- help this armchair traveler tell me what nz is all about - what am i missing? do i really NEED to go???? most of all - you'll be missed! already can't wait for you to get home. happy trails. xo suz
24th October 2005

look out NZ
Now that Johnny Knoxville has shaved, I guess you won't be recruited for the Thunder from Down Under road show. Have fun on the trails, in the bars, and under the water.
24th October 2005

Can't wait to hear about your trip as it's happening! If you see Aragorn tell him you have a single cousin who has a spare tiara and would happily be queen. And keep an eye out for Gollum -- he could sure wreck an otherwise fun trip. Have a blast!!!! KT
25th October 2005

Run Kiwi Run
Incredible. I'm playing God of War for the 7th time for the exact same reasons you travel (well, you can find me, but I won't answer the phone). We are kindred spirits, and I anxiously await your tales from Way Down There.
28th October 2005

first days without you
hi babies. well, it started raining today. I think this is the beginning once again of the friendship between green and wet. I went to send you and email this morning Leighann, and I realized that I had no idea when you might be reading it.. becuase you guys are probably "lost" right now... At any rate, I want to read long, drawn out, stream of consciousness, grammatically incorrect, nonsensical, banter entries from you all. Hope your flight didn't make you parapalegics and i hope you landed safe and sound. i want to know what you ate for your first meal, and where you will be sleeping for the next week. Also, what kind of shoes do people wear in NZ? What do they call a toilet?
31st October 2005

Buy a sweater...
...cause it's cold in PDX today! I once witnessed a rabbit-shaving in New Zealand. They used the fur to make sweaters. Naked bunnies are funny. Hope you guys are having a blast!

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb