One Last Oregon Coast Day - Now Off to the Mountains! (Near Bend, OR)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Newport
August 10th 2013
Published: August 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

August 10, 2013 - Saturday

Got in town early to the Farmer’s Market. What a great display of so much stuff! Everything from fresh veggies to fresh flowers, bakery items, coffee, jewelry, wood carvings, etc., even some maple trees! A wonderful way to spend the morning. Got some wonderful raspberries, blueberries, and fresh green beans.

Next we headed down to Bay Front and just walked around the shops again and enjoyed the fishermen, the boats, the people – all of the cacophony of that, plus the resident sea lions. Love this place! Stopped and had an Espresso and Latte in a small Coffee House. Then we headed to a favorite restaurant, ‘Fish Tails’ and Marge had to have her Marionberry stuffed French toast one last time. See Blog pic.

A quick trip to the grocery for a few items and then back to the trailer, got things put away, and Clay – the Park Host, our ‘cruise director’ – came to visit and chat. We ended up with him taking us to Rogue Brewery (partway to our Pier where we walk) and we had a mini tour. Interesting – pics on the Blog as well. We then parted ways with him and took our usual evening pier walk. The last one. We leave for Bend, Oregon tomorrow and the heat. Got all of our summer clothes back out and put the cool weather clothes away. We’ve become pretty acclimated to the 50’s and 60’s, so the 90’s will be rough for a bit.

We spent the evening get ready to go tomorrow. Bye bye to the Oregon Coast!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



12th August 2013

All Good Things...
...must come to an end! Glad for pics of market and French toast. Not that isn't what I pictured. Is there really toast under all those berries? And did you really eat it ALL? PS...my scones are prettier. And that is NO Johnny Depp! Haha!

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb