Neskowin - The Sandy Castle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Lincoln City
September 25th 2010
Published: October 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Got to Neskowin at 5:30 on Friday night with just about the whole family in tow... When we got to the rental home we found out that it was called "The Sandy Castle".

We had Eggplant Parmesan for dinner, went out for a quick walk on the beach and came back to play cards.

On Saturday morning the whole family was up and moving by 9! Our first trip was driving to Munson Falls... It was about a mile off the highway on a dirt road and only about .75 mile walk from the parking area to the falls. It was a nice and easy hike that just about anyone could do.

Next, we drove up a few miles to the Tillamock cheese factory where, yes, we got to see Cheese being made. Of course, the best part was the massive amount of cheese they have to sample and the ice cream.

We then drove down to Pacific City where we walked on the beach, everyone but me (because of the knee injury this summer) hiked the dunes and we had a lunch of pizza at Doryland Pizza.

We came back and played Mad-Gab and OutBurst! with the girls.

We all ended the day with a campfire on the beach and making smores with some giant Marshmallows!

Sunday it was raining like crazy! We ended up spending more of the morning cleaning up and getting ready to go back to Portland. Around noon we packed-up the car and drove back to Portland.


...




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb