Oregon coast


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Gold Beach
April 9th 2009
Published: April 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Just a short blog so these photo's have a space. After leaving San Francisco we had 3 days to get to Seattle where we were staying with Denise our friend from India. We drove out of San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge (of course) And continued up the US 101 coastal highway all the way to Portland before taking the I5 from Portland through Vancouver (Washington) to Gigs Harbour Seattle.
The drive was beautiful and the coastline very reminiscent of New Zealand. The Oregon coast had conifers, gorse (in flower) and black rocky coast with brown/black sand. It could have been anywhere on the west coast of NZ. We had 2 beautiful days cruising up the Californian and Oregon coast and stayed overnight in Oregon in a place called Golden Beach, where most of the pictures are from. We also found (thanks to Denise!) a awesome little place called the Finnish Country Sauna and Tubs which had a very rustic set-up and beautiful wooden hot tubs in a private area under open skies where we stopped and soaked for a half hour.

We continued onto Woodburn the next day, we specifically stopped here as there is a huge Outlet Mall in Oregon and fortunately Oregon is a tax free state! We spent 1.5 days looking around the mall which was pretty good, Sam ended up buying more than me which i found amusing seeing as he hates shopping! Anyway on Sunday afternoon we headed up the I5 for Gigs Harbour to meet our Ashram buddy Denise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb