The First Night


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Ashland
January 17th 2013
Published: January 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

That was a long drive, and tomorrow's is even longer. We safely arrived in Ashland, OR around 7pm and have been relaxing since. Honestly, I don't know how I would have done the drive without book on ipod: The Lost Olympian by Rick Riodan. I know Casey appreciated it as well, considering he had nothing better to do on the car ride.

We started out nice and early this morning (yes, 8am is early), and stopped to eat lunch at a mall. We promptly packed all of the food we were going to use and brought it into the food court, my brilliant idea of course to avoid the cold weather outside and the need to buy anything to be able to eat somewhere.

After that, we moved on, going our merry way with nice frost covered plants along the roadside. Thankfully, all of the I-5 was clear, except for a very foggy section when we were heading into very southern Oregon. We stopped for a bite to eat at the only place to ever stop and eat fast-food-wise: Taco Bell!

Now, I was going to give you pictures along with this, but alas, I have managed to leave the camera in the car and am too lazy and warm to go out and get it.

Note to self: jumping jacks really are a good way to wake oneself up while stopped at a rest stop, even if people stare at you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb