Hit and run, hold up and bush fires.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma
July 21st 2012
Published: July 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

What a day! We had 13 hours on the road today and it was the hottest to date. The offical temperature was 44 degrees, however with the heat off the road and engines we can easily add 15 degrees.

It's now 10.30pm and we have just finished dinner. After a 5.30am start and 327 miles done we are feeling reasonably good.

We woke this morning to hear on the news that a lady had been hit and run up the road from the hotel and the local service station called Kum and Go (I kid you not - its a major franchise!) had been held up. Later in the day we passed bush fires that didnt look too good.

We had an awesome morning ride before the temperature got up, we stopped at a little roadside shop and got some flags for our bikes. We had to make an unscheduled stop in Tulsa to pick up the bikes being repaired, so the day ended up three hours longer than scheduled. Although David was pleased as another t shirt purchase at the Harley shop!

A big afternoon riding, but lovely coming into Oklahoma city in the sunset. Helen has a burn to the back of her leg from her exhaust, but nothing major fortunately. We are now drinking 7-8 litres of water and isotonic drinks during the day, with no loo stops needed!

Weve got 1000 miles under our belt now, so feeling pretty chuffed with that.

The accents of people and the landscape has changed noticeably, plus the number of churches per town has grown expedientally. We have a ride around Oklahoma tomorrow, which should be good. Not so many miles tomorrow, but a long day apparently.

Hope you like the pics!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb