Show me the way to Amirillo


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Absolutely amazing day yesterday, Harley museum, bridges, and fantastic ride. We are in tornado valley and saw a small twister off in the distance as we rode into Amarillo. We stopped at a visitor centre and there was a tornado shelter!

We're now in Texas and the temps are still high, but the humidity has dropped, so it feels a little better. A small disclaimer on my last weather report, the extra 15 was a mix up between farenhiet and celcius - the right info is that the boys reckon its early 50 degrees Celsius on the bike. We are upping our fluids again today as we are heading towards the desert.

There might be some sore heads today as we are staying at the most amazing place with a very popular steak house next door. One of the south Africans attempted a 2kg steak (plus baked potato, veges and bun in return for a free meal. He's a big guy, but couldn't quite do it in the hour time limit.

We had two bikes dropped yesterday; just tiredness at the end of the day while we were parking. More damage to pride than the bikes. We're quite relieved it's happened, as we guess it has to happen on a trip this long and luckily it wasn't us!

Off to the Cadillac sculpture today, so looking forward to that.

Hi to all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb