Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

David Cid is the founder and the leader of this NGO. He worked for the FBI for 20 years, and during that time, he was a member of of the Special Weapons and Tactics team. Cid had been a witness of acts of terrorism. In 1996, he was supervising an investigation and prosecution that had to deal with weapons and a incoming plot that was going to assassinate federal and local officials. Because of this, he was highly influenced by this, so he thought of the idea to prevent such acts of terrorism anywhere and founded the Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism (MITP) in 1999. This group specializes in preventing future terrorist attacks anywhere around the world, and the people that have joined are there to help aid those that have suffered from such things as this. In 2000, MITP raised over $100 million to help prevent terrorism by putting the money towards technological research and in teaching people. Since then, this NGO has expanded globally, and they continue to follow this cause.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb