And you thought it was cute- この世界はダメだ。


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

まず、

It doesn't have to be in a foreign country to have this happen. Back in 2001, Forever 21 has violated the rights of many of their workers. One of the company's division that is based in Los Angeles, California began to treat the workers like how one would normally do in typical sweatshops half the globe away. Forever 21 not only refused the rights of Fair Labor Standars Act's minimun wage, they also violated overtime and record-keeping provisions for the company. Funny thing, they received over 50 copyright complaints

When people from FLSA came to investigate, they discovered that there were more than $11 million back wages that were supposed to be for the company's 11,000 workers. Workers would be paid 13 cents for a vest that would then be sold for $13.80, so making 67 vests would finally earn a work the minimum wage.

Employees are paid by the number of shirts they are able to sew instead of the normal hours they have worked for. Most of the time, the money earned does not hit minimum wage. Furthermore, the whole factory is hot, people overtime and work for ten hours but get nothing out of it, and if their supervisor catches them not working, they are hollered at. Everything is unfair. The owners of Forever 21 are just a husband and wife, yet they have 4.5 billion dollars.

まっ、

To be honest, there isn't much we can change to help ease the madness going on. Anyways, such things like this shouldn't be happening in the United States if it's already banned. If we would fix this, people should start with being aware of what they're doing when buying clothes. Spread the word of bad practices of exploiting people. People these days are greedy; the economy is something that is a lost cause. Company owners should put themselves in the position of the employees.

そうしって、

Yeah, and you thought that it was cool and awesome to shop at Forever 21. Think again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb