Roman Nose Too


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » El Reno
March 6th 2013
Published: March 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well, we ended up liking Roman Nose State Park so well, we decided to stay another night. We started the day on Tuesday with yummy omelettes at the Lodge restuarant, then on to Watonga to see what we could find. Visited a wonderful antique store downtown Watonga called Country Home Antiques and had a great visit with the proprietor, Rhonda, and her kitty cat. Lots of unusual antiques and gift items. Make sure you go by if you are an antique buff and in the area.

After hitting a couple of other stores and, ofcourse, stocking up on Watonga cheese ( including our favorite cheese curds- Kenny calls them cheese turds), we decided to check out the town of Canton. As we entered the first store, Kenny reminded me about OKC taking the water recently from Lake Canton to help replenish Lake Hefner and suggested I might not want to mention we were from OKC. I promptly forgot, and the minute we were asked where we were from, I blurted out OKC. Well, the conversation in the store immediately turned to the water situation, but, thankfully, the ladies in the store were very nice and we were not tarred and feathered and run out of town.

On the way back to Roman Nose, we stopped by the new Lucky Star Casino, had a beer, and tried our luck. Unfortunately, we only have one kind of luck at Casinos, and it is not good. Atleast enjoyed the beer and the motions.

Back at the campsite, Kenny cooked steaks outside and I made baked potatoes, salad, and brocolli. We sat outside by the fire, had some wine, and enjoyed the evening. While I was inside cooking, Kenny knocked on the side of Stormy, the Motor Coach, and told me we had company. It was two geese that I had seen earlier in the day that apparently make the lake their home. I fed them some bread and they were quite content.

In the morning, breakfast at The Noble House in Watonga and on to the Washita National Battleground Site outside Cheyenne.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



7th March 2013

Nice!
You went to Lucky Star Casino without me???? You are supposed to take me with you ANYTIME you go to a casino. Haha. I have so much fun reading about your adventures. Keep having fun!

Tot: 0.368s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb