Brand New State


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » El Reno
March 5th 2013
Published: March 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Roman Nose Roman Nose Roman Nose

Cynde compares her profile to that of Chief Henry Roman Nose.
Here we are on the road again. This trip is somewhat of a "forced journey" The reason - Storm's all inclusive warranty (think of it as health insurance for a motor home) will expire on March 15th. This is cricital why???? With all the different systems on a coach, there is always something to act a little goofy, or just outright break-down! Thus our current trip!

We left OKC yesterday afternoon and headed west. Our first stop, as on all western trips, was the Cherokee Trading Post just west of El Reno on I-40. Most of us Oklahomans typically pass on by these "touristy" stops, but this one is really fun to walk around. They have some very impressive Native American works, as well as some really lame wares that were made somewhere overseas.

Our overnight spot was at Roman Nose State Park. This is a great little git-away spot very close to OKC that really seems miles away. It is set in rustic canyons with a chain of small lakes weaving through the park. There is a state lodge located in the park and the restaurant has great food and even better views.

Today we will spend
Love By the Light of the FireLove By the Light of the FireLove By the Light of the Fire

The restaurant has a very cozy fireplace.
in Watonga - the cheese capital of Oklahoma. There are several antique shops along the old rustic main street, so we are sure to have a day filled with wonder!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Really Gnarly TreesReally Gnarly Trees
Really Gnarly Trees

These are probably the funkiest trees you will see around. They have really unique growths on their trunks that make them look very sinister. Cynde was really brave.
Lake ViewLake View
Lake View

The lakes are small but look like great kayaking and fishing venues.
SunriseSunrise
Sunrise

Very cold this morning, but the chill in the air makes for a brisk jaunt to catch a photo.


5th March 2013

oklahoma
It is good to see a travel blogger blogging about the middle of the country.
6th March 2013

Thanks Dave and Mary Jo
Although we love to travel all over, there are so many great places to visit in good old Oklahoma!
6th March 2013

Thanks Dave and Mary Jo
Although we love to travel all over, there are so many great places to visit in good old Oklahoma!

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb