Midwest Arts and Baseball


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio
September 5th 2006
Published: September 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In August, Grace and I did a trip to visit various art museums and baseball parks across the Midwest. 9 art museums and 4 ballparks in 6 days. We also visited some family along the way. First we drove to Louisville, KY. Here we stayed at the fabulous 21 Museum Hotel. As the name implies, it was a hybrid of a contemporary art museum combined with fashion hotel. It was one of the rare times I'd been able to suprise Grace. In Louisville we attended a Louisville Bats minor league game at Louisville Slugger Field and visited both the Speed Museum of Art and Louisville Slugger Museum. It was then off to Cincinnati, OH. Here we stayed with my Aunt Martha and her family. They showed us a fantastic time in the city. While in Cincy, we attended a Cincinnati Reds game at the Great American Ballpark and visited the Taft Museum of Art and the Cincinnati Art Museum. Pittsburg, PA was the next stop but along the way we stopped in Columbus, OH to visit the Columbus Art Museum. Once in Pittsburg, we attended a game at PNC Park to watch the Pittsburg Pirates play and visited the Andy Worhol Museum, the Frick Museum of Art and the Carnigie Art Musuem. Next up was Youngstown, OH and the Butler Museum of Art. We were then lucky enough to catch the Kansas City Royals playing in Cleveland, OH against the Indians at Jacobs Field. And lastly, we were able to squeeze in the Dayton Art Museum on our trip back home. Overall, it was great whirlwind tour of what that part of the Midwest has to offer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Chris and Orange PenguinChris and Orange Penguin
Chris and Orange Penguin

Can I take one home with me?
Louisville Slugger Factory and MuseumLouisville Slugger Factory and Museum
Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum

A must visit for any baseball fan!
Giant batGiant bat
Giant bat

How does one get up there to grip it?
The gangs all hereThe gangs all here
The gangs all here

Grace, me, Aunt Martha and Ed. Had a great time at the game. Ended with a walk off two run homer in the bottom of the ninth.
View of Cincy from the Cityview resturantView of Cincy from the Cityview resturant
View of Cincy from the Cityview resturant

Food was OK but the view was great.
Grace supports artGrace supports art
Grace supports art

Taken outside of the Columbus Art Museum
PNC Park from the Roberto Clemete BridgePNC Park from the Roberto Clemete Bridge
PNC Park from the Roberto Clemete Bridge

Easily my vote for best of the new ballparks. A really great place to sit down and watch a game.


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb