Great Lake Science Center (NASA)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Cleveland
April 16th 2015
Published: April 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

If you happen to drop in to Cleveland, OH with children of any age...you should visit the Great Lake Science Center. The first floor has great displays and interactive things to do pertaining to NASA. The subject of outer space usually only appeals to me if a new discovery is made or if it involves aliens.

However, this Science Center had my full attention through out the whole center. I can not explain how much fun it is, even for adults! The weekend we visited their was a special exhibit dedicated to the show Myth Busters, that would have costs extra than the regular admission price. The location is right next to the Museum of Rock and Roll. You would be able to do both if you wanted to without having to park your vehicle twice. A factor that can be annoying to have to think about such things when visiting a new city.

The first level of the museum is dedicated to NASA. It's very well done, I know this because my 16 yr old son was hopping from one interactive display to the next like a 6 yr old. His big success was getting the rocket to launch higher than a younger child after 10 minutes of trying! Totally tickled my soul to watch him giddy and learning at the same time. There was also displays that dealt with medical advances such as biotic limb advances.



The second floor is where my family lost it as a unit from excitement and we all spend off to play with the things that caught our attention. We did come together to shock each other by the way of transferring energy through lighted displays. I personally almost threw a fit about leaving when my husband reminded me that we were limited on time for the day. So much fun to be had, so little time! We grabbed some astronaut ice cream in the souvenir shop and promised ourselves to return another day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb