Roundhouse 2008


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina
October 5th 2008
Published: October 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's hard to believe that Roundhouse 2008 is already history. Our family has been anticipating this event for months, and it was over way too soon. We made some great memories with some special people, who unfortunately we don't get to see very often. The activities of the week included lots of volleyball, olympics, arts and crafts, Bible bowl, surprise entertainment, student presentations, an activity fair, a spelling bee, and lots of visiting with friends who live far away. Next year is the 20th year of Roundhouse, and some special events are being planned. Sadly, we won't be able to attend, due to the distance involved, but we know that next year will be great, too. Thanks to all who worked hard to make it a great week!

Friday we traveled to Charleston, SC, where we are spending the weekend. The North Charleston church of Christ supports our mission work, and George will be giving a presentation to the congregation this evening. Tomorrow we will continue our journey to Georgia. Take Care, and keep in touch!

Love,
the Jensens


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Activity FairActivity Fair
Activity Fair

...an activity and display about hot air balloons
Hot Air BalloonsHot Air Balloons
Hot Air Balloons

The theme for this year was transportation, and so the activities were centered around that theme.
Activity on Diesel FuelActivity on Diesel Fuel
Activity on Diesel Fuel

Making biodiesel out of used cooking oil
A Differential DisplayA Differential Display
A Differential Display

...It's a guy thing! :)
Wagon RidesWagon Rides
Wagon Rides

Lindsey had to get in on the fun!
Lindsey and LydiaLindsey and Lydia
Lindsey and Lydia

...having lunch with the Purdoms
Surprise EntertainmentSurprise Entertainment
Surprise Entertainment

...Jensen kids performed several musical numbers, including an acapella rendition of "Stand By Me"


5th October 2008

Audio please!
Like to here an audio of the Jensen 4. Looks like all of you are having a good time. Lindsey you looked cute in that wagon.
7th October 2008

Looks Fun
It looks like you all had a great time. Everyone at Eastside has been praying for your safe travels; hope everything will continue to go well.
10th October 2008

Thanks!
To the Jensen crew: Thanks for the cool freeze-dried giraffe!! We named him George. :-)

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb