Tidal Pools at Mason's Inlet, Wrightsville Beach, NC


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Happy Buddha BabyHappy Buddha BabyHappy Buddha Baby

Corbett chilling in a tidal pool
High Tide is at 10:00 am this Sunday morning, so after several cups of coffee, I pack my cooler, grab my hat and head out to the marina. The early boats get the best spot at Mason's Inlet-especially on this holiday weekend. The Deep End is ready to go and our timing is perfect to hit the ICWW and head out. Our first stop is at Queen's Point, an incredibly beautiful tidal creek off the ICWW. After a quick pit stop at Queen's Point to drop off a buddy, we're headed into Mason's.
Entering into the inlet, we are looking for the Pontoon boat my son-in-law is trying to sell for Marine Warehouse and what better advertising than cruising it to Mason's. We spot the "big pig" and quickly slide beside it to tie up. Marina to tidal pool takes roughly 15 minutes,,,,,cold beverage in my hand, big smile on my face,,,life is sooo good.
Mason's Inlet is action packed with rows of boats lined up and ready to rock and roll. Tents, beach chairs, babies, dogs, kids, ( big and little) are everywhere and the weather is sublime. After a couple hours the tide starts rolling out and everyone starts
Chilling at Mason'sChilling at Mason'sChilling at Mason's

This is how we do it in NC
jockeying their boats into better positions. The Inlet is narrowing and the beach is growing.
After a few hours, we pack it in and head for the slip-trying to beat the rush. The ICWW looks like the 405 at rush hour (which is all the time). Boats to the left of me, boats to the right, here I am! Bobbie and I glide into our slip and crack open a bottle of vino to chill out. Time to hose off the Deep End and head home-getting ready to see JJ Grey and Mofro play at Greenfield Lake Amphitheatre. Really doesn't get any better than this..life at the beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Tidal Creek off ICWWTidal Creek off ICWW
Tidal Creek off ICWW

Queen's Point tidal creek using H ipstamatic lens
Boat Line UpBoat Line Up
Boat Line Up

Boat's tied together at Mason's Inlet


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb