be free


Advertisement
Published: April 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

hello friends. good morning. hope you all are feeling well! feel a bit groggy this morning. stayed up late at the Shakori Hills grassroots music and dance fest (maybe 1 o clock). Shakori Hills for short. donna the buffalo is here along wth Keller williams and the travellin mccoury band. fun times. i met some AT trail walkers. i met some dancers, of course, and some moonshine drinkers, etc. sounds like a festival right? i did some hula hooping and plenty of dancing. ty Donna the Buffalo and Keller and to the others. I saw Hindu Grass and Diali Cissokho and Kaira Ba, an african type group. Cyril Lance was there too. these last three are new groups to me.

i slept in my car (still saying my! i slept in the Jeep!) last night then left in the morning. i just curled up in the back and went right to sleep once i got comfortable. i have too much stuff in the jeep it seems. big breakfast this morning since my dinner last night was a PB and J i made before running off to the fest. I made some money working for Edith, my bro's neighbor. i moved some rocks around and listened to her stories. she does not like snakes, especially 8 foot long water moccasins that lay across the back porch. she use to live in New Orleans and has seen plenty of snakes but i guess one never gets used to them. what is it about snakes that makes them so scary? Edith is a nice german lady. she has been around a while and lives by herself. she is an artist. she has paintings in her house she did i remember from the last time seeing her. Eric and Meagan are kind to her. they threw her an 82nd Birthday party. she loved that she says.

i went for a bikeride downtown. there is a brand new library in Pittsboro, the county seat of Chatham. i found out that the courthouse burned down while it was being refurbished due to fire jumping from the clock tower. it isn't really clear exactly how it started, actually. another story says the fire started in the attic. when all else fails trust in Wikipedia. there it says it started from a "soldering torch that ignited wood near the soffit". a soffit is the unerneath side of a structure. like in this case it is the underside of the roof overhang. anywho, that clears that up. so a soldering torch just lit the roof on fire all on its own? i am digging here.

this year is the 11th annual Shakori HIlls music fest. it started in 2003 and is an off-shoot of the Fingerlakes grassroots music fest outside Ithica in Trumansburg, NY. check out the website if you want. http://shakorihillsgrassroots.org/# has links to other fests. apparently they have other fests here in the fall (or several time a year). i will also point out that the fest is a non-profit outfit.

it is overcast out today. a respite from the sun if you do not like a lot of it. keeps the weather a little cooler too. could be in for some rain. i feel like a newscaster. we are getting towards the end of the show (the writing) and now we get a newsbreak!

am i suppossed to day something inspiring now? do what you do and do it well! love you what you do and enjoi each moment.



now for some poetry and song (more like freewriting):



NOrth Carolia ramblings

the lazy winds of north carolina

the lazy drives down country roads

where cars go fast and some go slow

most still in a hurry crawling on your bumper

places to go it is friday morning and got to get to work and prepare for the weekend

thursday is sunny

soft riding the bicycle

robert is coming in May

should i wait

granmda is leaving in April should i wait

no where to go

as i wrote in a song and as Ajahn says

Trail days is May 17th

should like to go to that

then hike on

selling car perhaps

who needs a car

apps are out

and other apps as well

peacecorp sounds good

barley is with sarah well taken care off

should like to see him again

should like to see many others again

nashville

atlanta

florida

alabama

kansas

chicago

new york

canada

the west coast

texas

bonnie

kate

clyde

getting into history

crime

low crime here in pittsboro they say in the news

on the county site

they are hiring Police of Chief

are you interested

you could run the town

like you run your life

how do you run your life?

is it fast

is it slow

lets walk the town not run it

keep it slow and steady

cater to tourists

robert parker book

new police chief

paradise massachuetts

trouble in paradise

cheif of police

the cheif of the tribe

once was

forever nevermore

go hike

be free

met people from former thru year hiking

AT

love of woods

long trail

bits and pieces Virginia

bluegrass

for lovers

virginia is for lovers

go hike



all is well- abraham via esther hicks.



love is all there is, love is all you need- Beatles



p.s. love the one your with- stephen stills

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb