Papa and Dumplin (my granma), North Carolina, Boston, and such.


Advertisement
Published: April 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

good morning friends, in the wake of the Boston terror incident (Marathon) i feel somewhat melancholy but the walk through this beautiful neighborhood, that for now is where my granma lives, did me good. i sat by a pond and watched the turtles stick their head up or appear before me and where the large and small carp and other fish, i assume, swim on by. i like looking at the reflection of the trees in the water and the light and the ripples of water. a great painting of nature it is.

there is a gravel path that runs the length of the neighborhood here in Fearrington Village. walkers bikers walkers with dogs go on by. trucks cruise by with trailers and cars with waving or smiling passengers as well. there are many deer here though i have not seen any yet.

it is a cool morning and overcast. these are great days for walking. there are so many birds and chirps and all that, it is nice.

the Boston people come back to me. i woke to this in the morning and ate my cereal to this tradgedy. reminds me somewhat of the movie we rented last night called the Bourne Legacy. violence, running, all that. getting wraped up in the drama. gotta release the drama they say and get on with the quest.

11:11 is what the clock says, that means spirit is saying yes. get on with the quest! and send love to those whom you know best or least or to whomever needs it most. love to whoever needs it the most.



so i am here with my grandma Tuttlebee and with her dog baby who is a little dog with silver linings and small ears and small bark. it is a Yorkshire Terrier.

My granfather Papa has died. he was born in 1930 on the 7th month of the 10th day. 7. 10. 30. my granma says. he died in 2010 in the 12th month on the 10th day. born and passed on the same day, the 10th. he lived to be 80. pretty good for a feller. his dad only lived to be like 50 and then died of a heartattack. my grandfather survived 4 heart attacks and many surgeries. he was a teacher and a father of 3 girls and a granfather of many. me my brother my step sister Tiffany, cousin Mathew, Caroline, Lindsey. am i missing any? Tatiana. he used to have these sayings and sing songs as well like: he's hot pimples on his butt and he's nice. and good things come to those who wait and time makes the heart wonder or in absence the heart grows fonder. he had a loud laugh and voice. he liked to talk as they say. he loved the beach and the mountains and history and geography. he liked family get-to-gethers and eating. his favorite food was probaby dessert. frozen blackberries from Mt. Moulbray in Chattanooga with ice cream would have been one such dessert. he loved the Waffle House and a place in Chattanooga called Betty's by my family. it is really called Southern Restauant or the like. It is in Red Bank. I used to always order bacon, toast, eggs, and cereal. the big joke was that i always dropped the bacon on the floor because it was so stiff and crispy from the microwave that when i bit into it it would break and crumble on to the floor. so my breakfast usually consisted of two orders of bacon. they got a kick out of that. we spent time at the nature center with bamboo and ponds and trails and went to Rock City with Fat man squeeze. Lookout Mt. and Moccasin bend where the TN river bends like the snake. we rode down the side of the mtn on little carts on a concrete winding slides. we went to the aquarium later on when it was built. Signal mtn they lived as well. and there my grandma will return for a time. papa liked boats and sailing when he lived in Buffalo. he tried to bring the boat to Chattanooga, he did bring the boat but not so good sailing compared to the Great Lakes such as Lake Erie. we once got busted by the Canadian coast guard because i was fishing without a license with a metal nut for bait connected to a 3 foot long plastic pole attached by string. they let us go. guess they figured a little cute blondie like me wouldn't catch much and being 7.

live for now

i hope you enjoi my rambling

i hope you enjoi life

i hope you enjoi the world

and all its multifold desires

i hope that we all can carry on in light

and drop the drama and live as there were no ttomorrow

or heaven above as John Lennon might say

live for now

and be

with the one you got

love to all forever as Robert and Martha might say.

Namaste.



p.s. i called my granma Dumplin when i was little becaue apparently i said she looked like one. granma said she was never fat but the name stuck. Grandma Dumplin.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb