Mooresville, NC


Advertisement
Published: February 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

MoochdockingMoochdockingMoochdocking

We enjoyed out time in NC at our friends Tim & Rebecca. They graciously allowed us to park on their driveway. We enjoyed time with them and their son, Jared as well as getting to meet the members of their small group. Lois was also able to get into Charlotte one day to visit a dear friend, Dinki.
Our dear friends, Tim and Rebecca Shivers, allowed us to moochdock in their driveway for several weeks while we visited family back in Ohio. During our stay, Mike installed an electrical transfer switch to allow their home appliances and lights to run during power outages by switching over to a gasoline powered generator. We also spent a weekend down in Charleston, SC with them, in a beautiful Airbnb house located on a lake. Mike's nephew, Harrison Carter, was stationed there and paid us a visit. We enjoyed the Mummenschanz performance at the Gaillard Center and enjoyed a few hands of Canasta during the weekend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Goose Creek ReservoirGoose Creek Reservoir
Goose Creek Reservoir

View from the back deck of Air B&B at sunrise.
BackyardBackyard
Backyard

The Air B&B was set up for entertaining. The backyard had a firepit, several outdoor tables, a lower covered porch, a deck of the kitchen, a 3 season room off the family room, a large living room, dining room, large eat-in kitchen, a room off the kitchen, a
AlligatorAlligator
Alligator

This alligator showed up in the morning. The backyard had a fence around it and signs in the house warned to stay away from the edge of the water.
Rainbow RowRainbow Row
Rainbow Row

We enjoyed walking in and driving through the historic areas of Charleston. We started by walking through the historic City Market and the nearby streets. Then we drove past Rainbow Row and the historic houses of the city. Beautiful!
Rainbow RowRainbow Row
Rainbow Row

After driving we found a parking garage near the water and headed to Fleet Landing for a delicious seafood meal. It was nice enough to be outside, so we sat at a waterside table. We barely scratched the surface of this lovely, old town. Guess we will have to plan a return visit in the future.


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb