The Beast !!


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Hickory, nc


Well after a couple of days looking around . We took a Lincoln Navigator for a drive, nice but a bit rough, looked at a Ford Expedition but the 3rd seat was quite small and raised at the back, a Chevy suburban, it was really long . Then we found a Dodge Durango, 2004, 48,000 miles where most of them were up over 100,000 miles. 5.7L hemi V8, oh oh oh!! with a 9,000Lb tow hitch and tow package. which means its got a transmission cooler and a big tow bar. Its like new inside it, So we bought it.

Kylie and the kids did a bit a shopping the other day, bought some togs and shirts and stuff. Both the kids bought new life jackets as Evan said you need them to go out on the boat. So he took us out on the boat yesterday, got just out from the wharf and it stopped !! he has been having trouble with dirty fuel, so he had drained the fuel tank and replaced the filter, but i guess it didnt fix it. so after a few running repairs wemanaged to get it going enough to get us back to shore and onto the trailer. hes trying to fix it now , so we might try again today.

We went over and had dinner with Heather, Craig , Natalie and Rachel Unger last night. It was good to catch up with them, Heather is Evans sister-in-law. they used to live next to him in West Palm Beach. The kids had fun playing with Natalie and Rachel.

Josh, Evan and I went to the boat shop to get a new filter, They have some awesome boats here. Most of the boats on the lake are pontoon boats. Party boats we call them. they are full of people drinking and joking around. They have these real flat boats , bass boats ? the fisherman use those, they have seats on them and not much else.it obviously doesnt get very rough water around here.

We have a Starbucks in the front of our Hotel, Mrs Claridge found a coffee for $1.89, next day the kids found they have hot chocolate too !! Im sure thats in the budget !!

Its been in the 70's (20's) most days, its 24 degrees at the moment, just nice. Evan took 3 days off work, lucky he did as we would never have got half the stuff we have got done so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



8th June 2009

hey claridges
Pleased to see you brought a Dodge!!!!! Bring it back to NZ.. and a boat too. Great reading your blog and seeing your photos.
8th June 2009

Hello Hello
Hey, Tori how are you. Its so cold over here.Just got home from dancing.Got kids for Kids on Thursday. I like your DODGE!! BUT MINES BETTER!! lol say hi to your family from me. i like talking to you on the web cam. have fun.. miss you!!
10th June 2009

love the blogs
hi there, just checked out the blogs its great to hear whats happening there. all same old here, cold and wet!! am thinking kylie needs to write too, want to hear about the shops. thanks for ruby sewmail tori, she will be happy to get that in the morning. miss you stay safe and happy
14th June 2009

support OPEC
Hi there, fuel must be cheap a? I went up to the fieldays on friday and saterday, alittle quiet and rained most of the time and stayed with a school mate. Photos are good mate, im looking forward to seeing the moving house behind the dodge. keep safe Regards Andrew, Paige, Sharon

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 58; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb