Joyful Homecomings


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The rioting and protests in Athens caused a great amount of traffic to build up in and around the city. Our taxi driver agressively pushed his way through and followed a circuitous route to the airport. The workforce at the airport was on strike so our flight was delayed several times. We eventually boarded and made the long flight back over the Atlantic to the U.S.. Traveling west, the hours passed, but the sun seemingly stood still. It reminded me of Joshua's long day (Joshua chapter 10) when the Israelites fought against the Amorites. We arrived in Charlotte just before midnight and checked into a hotel for the night. We drove home on Thursday morning, unpacked, and had dinner that night with Mom and Dad Webb. There was lot's to tell. I made a quick trip down to Fort Jackson on Friday to prepare for my class of students coming in the next week. On Saturday morning we picked up the kids from camp and shared lots of hugs and kisses. The weekend was full of storytelling and going through 1600 pictures from our big trip. Andrew and Katherine shared their own adventures and had plenty of tales to tell. Katherine and I went to church together at Grace, Hendersonville and enjoyed a good sermon from Pastor Ken on Matthew 11:28-30. We talked quite a bit in the car and I admired the strong faith of my daughter as she described her relationship with God.

With a sad and heavy heart, I packed up on Sunday afternoon and left for active duty at Fort Jackson. The garden will have to wait another couple of weeks before it receives my full attention. Thank you Lord for joyful homecomings! Amen.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb