The Adventure Begins! - New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
March 15th 2012
Published: March 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We fly out to Vegas tomorrow afternoon so I thought now would be a good time for an update.

We arrived safely at JFK after an awesome flight. To start with it was a double decker plane which I'd been hoping for, we each had a cocktail, the food was nice and watching Friends with Benefits, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Johnny English made the 7 or so hours fly by.

The first two days here were spent taking in the sites, I coud probably go on about them but here's a list instead! World Trade Centre site (though we didn't go in but could see the massive gap that's been left and the construction of the Freedom Tower), the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, New York Stock Exchange, Brooklyn Bridge, Rockafeller Center, New York Public Library, Empire State Building (and the view from the 86th floor), Times Square and Grand Central Station. We also walked up 5th Avenue and Broadway looking at expensive shops.

The next day we went to the Natural History Museum and got in for student price which was a bonus. We were in there for a lot longer than we had expected seeing as there are 5 floors! Once we left the museum we left for some much needed food New York style - a huge slice of pizza each and then a bagel in the park. We spent the afternoon wandering around the park enjoying the sunshine, according to the CNN Tower 73 degrees Farenheit, nearly 23 Celsius. Definitely not the 1C we were expecting!

Another sunny day today meant another day in Central Park. First stop, the boat house to hire a boat for an hour. This was a lot of fun, luckily we were there before everyone else turned up so we pretty much had the lake to ourselves. We also saw lots of turtles enjoying the sun, lying on the rocks around the edge of the lake. The rest of the day we led in the sun but seeing as we didn't have any sun tan lotion as we weren't expecting the nice weather we're now both looking a bit rosy! We've bought some now though ready for tomorrow and Vegas which will hopefully be just as warm!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb