Last day in New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
April 22nd 2011
Published: April 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we did the Top of the Rockefeller Centre and the view was fantastic. The experience included the see-through elevator ceiling projecting coloured images and viewing platforms at 3 levels. A lot of shops had sales to attract the Good Friday crowds, and we ended up getting some bargains. Would have spend more if it wouldn’t have been for the crowds everywhere. For our last night we decided to try and see another musical, but by the time we got to the ticket box in Times Square we couldn’t get any. On someone’s suggestion we tried the Longacre Theatre and managed to get last row (balcony) tickets to La Cage aux folles for $39.

Ate a bite around Times Square (I finally tried pastrami and sauerkraut - yum) and visited the M&M store again to stock up. Crowd control was necessary entering on one side and exiting the other - half the world must be in New York, the crowds everywhere are unbelievable. A policeman in a single police car amongst a sea of taxis waved at us as we took photos from the top of the store.

The show was good and although we were in the last row the view was still great. They really knew how to work the audience and it was again quite an experience to be part of it. As part of the fundraising for Aids relief (which seems to occur at the end of all Broadway shows), there was an auction of a signed picture afterwards which sold for $500.

Made our way back to the subway and our last ride on the red line. Listened to ‘Empire State Of Mind’ walking back from the 72nd subway stop to the hotel.

Sad about leaving but agreed that we will return to New York!!






Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb