Prepping for China stark naked


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
October 12th 2005
Published: October 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

first entry as a blogger - sure to be rough with hopes of smoothing it out as i learn. for instance, haven't found spell check.

44 pounds only allowed to be checked - one bag. boy do we get spoiled traveling in the U.S. picture me stark naked (referred hereafter as S.N.), on second thought, don't, on the scale weighing myself and my books for the trip = 6 pounds and i have more. 44-6= 38 pounds. picture me again S.N and holding my 25 inch piece of luggage containing clothes and pharmaceuticals = 32 pounds. 38 pounds-32 = 6 pounds left. also have to factor in getting out of China and added weight of souvenirs. flying China Eastern over and back from L.A. so rules are strict. carry on even gets weighed 12 pounds. yipes, my wallet weighs 12 pounds!

cruising on the Yangtze River online this morn. we will do this for three days. that is where i ran in to the blogging site and thought it might be fun to do. i do have a paper journal but will save this so... if nobody else reads this drivel, i can when i get home.

time to get S.N. and weigh in so adios (this should be in Chinese-stay tuned) for now. i think you can write back. try it. i will check in once a day, so do write.

margi

Advertisement



12th October 2005

Maine
Hi Margi, This is so exciting, communicating with you in China!! Keep the info coming, very interesting. Just got home from Maine after 4 days of heavy rain. We checked your camp just before we left and everything looks real good. Surprised that Gary Houle's house is up for sale. Hope you get real nice neighbors. We should get up to Maine next year much earlier as Wayne doesn't have an African trip planned. Have got to see you after missing you this year! Have a wonderful trip. Love, Hilda
13th October 2005

c'mon blogees - what do you say? mt
who will be the first blogee to enter a comment on this far out method of communication? just let it fly. anything is acceptable.
13th October 2005

which blogee will figure out how to comment?
this is not that easy to navigate, is it? if you've gotten this far, you got it made in the shade!
13th October 2005

traveling light?
good thing you're doing it now. beats digging through your bags at the airport trying to foist off your overweight on innocent bystanders. "you don't have an 8-lb. travel iron? would you like one?" this followed by the more humiliating, "well, see, the thing is... i'm overweight." anyways, looking forward to reading your blog. :)
13th October 2005

comments
Slightly disturbing imagery in the first post mom, but I'm sure you will have fun with this
14th October 2005

hi margi!
as long as you don't come to work that way!@
15th October 2005

Marg, I made it on your blog!
Still wondering if I've done it right; did send you an e-mail but not sure what they meant by confirm e-mail; got message back that I needed to send an e-mail to confirm it. Not sure what that meant. Any ideas of what I am supposed to write in the block that says confirm e-mail address?
16th October 2005

I see Amy's comment
Oops!I do see her comment about not coming to work that way. Joy saw a guy on a highway in Mexico who was stark naked, and she said, "Look Mom, he's star naked." So, instead of SN, we can just call you "Star" for short; double meaning since you are the "star" of this blog! Hee! Hee!
17th October 2005

trial #2
will this now work without having to get ok'd?
4th November 2005

Hey Margaret...my first blog here..you must have had one long plane ride!! What are you eating there? Is there much color in the scenery? flowers? Hi to Ruth-(if you're reading this!) Love, Becky

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb