And three months flew by.....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Westchester
January 21st 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The countdown has begun. Just four days now and we will head back to India. It saddens me to say that this is probably the last blog of this trip. The last three months have been a smorgasbord of experiences. A flurry of colours. A veritable feast of the senses. A few great places, many memorable experiences and wonderful people. Now that the three months are over, it seems difficult to recapture those million moments in a dialog box. We came when there was still colour in the trees, we watched the leaves dislodge slowly till they stood bare. And now when we are leaving, they rewarded us with a sheet of white. Just when we had given up, we finally experienced the first measurable snowfall of the season. A quarter inch of pleasure.

In today’s “Google-earthed” world, perhaps it takes little to know about a place. To know a place though is somewhat different. This trip was about Empire state, Times Square, White House and Harvard. It was also about the metro station, the funny ticket collector, the ginger cookies, the chilling breeze , the “Arrow taxi” - and to us that will remain the enduring memory of this trip…….

(I have selected some never-before posted pictures for this blog)



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Who needs colourWho needs colour
Who needs colour

When black & white speaks volumes
Snowfall at 7 a.mSnowfall at 7 a.m
Snowfall at 7 a.m

And believe me this is not a black & white picture


22nd January 2007

With the lingering memories your senses have definitely been titilated. It's the first time experience. With your prolonged stay these will slowly blur. But a whiff of the past always lingers and enriches your life with subsequent experiences. Here's to wishing such continues.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb