Summertime


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Wellsville
August 1st 2023
Published: August 1st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Do you ever say “That can wait until tomorrow?”. Well, I have used that statement on a daily basis. Is it retirement or laziness? I currently identify as a Procrastinator.

We hope you have been having an enjoyable summer. Our weather has been very nice with an occasional rain storm but nothing heart-pounding. We have to turn up the volume on our TV when the rain pelts down on the roof of our RV. It sounds like Ringo Starr beating on his drums. All part of living in a metal box. Rat-a-tac-tac. We have completed all our medical and dental visits. Whew! That seems to be a major accomplishment during our summer visit back home. Cory and I came out healthy so we get to live another year with “no cavities.”…..well, actually Cory lost a filling so had a second visit with his dentist. But, I was perfect...as said by my humble little self. Hah!

Climb into your old time-machine. It gets a good workout with my blogs. Nothing has been up to date yet. Whine, Whine, Whine. We have to back up to the month of June. Dial it in now.

Our daughter, Lory, had her mega yard sale. Several family members and friends add their items to her sale so folks look forward to this sale, knowing there will be a ton of items to peruse and dig through. She could double as a Salvation Army and Goodwill combined. Her sister, Kim, came down to help her. It rained some on the first day but between her huge garage and multiple tents….(like being at the circus), the sale flourished with many customers. And she will do it all again next year!

When strawberries come in season around here, there are always places to go to enjoy them in the form of yummy strawberry shortcakes. It's not like Florida’s Parksdale where the season is very long. We gotta get them fast and furiously! NY strawberries are always so juicy and sweet. We attended one such festival in Almond, NY. Very organized and super scrumptious.

We went to the annual Customer Appreciation Day Chicken Bar-B-Q put on by the business where we take our RV for inspection, work and tires…HESS Tires. It is always fabulous with a huge meal and freebies. There must have been a thousand people there. They start in early morning and go into the evening. Saw friends we hadn’t seen in a while. That was nice.

Some of our family got together at Tom Wahl’s restaurant for a delightful lunch. That's always our best time: being with family! You would like this place. The food is top of the line and so tasty. Plus it's a fun atmosphere…..1950’s theme. 🎶🎶Lollipop, Lollipop, oh, Lolli, Lollipop🎶🎶

A neighboring town, Bolivar, NY, had its “Pioneer Oil Days”. We had a tasty chicken bar-b-q there. We are getting our fill of chicken Bar-B-Q’s. Cluck-Cluck-Cluck. We visited their Pioneer Oil Museum. We’ve driven past it a hundred times and finally, we stopped and went in. It was very interesting. Cory really liked it cause he used to collect oil & gas items. Alot of local history.

Eating is a prime motivator for us so we went to a “Fly-In Breakfast” at our local airport. It was a great way to start the day! No….we didn't fly but we fortunate to see more friends. We were all grounded.

July 2nd, Cory (our son) and Penny (fiancee) invited all of us to his place for a wonderful, family get-together. They live on top of a huge hill….mountain? I usually say “a God-forsaken” hill but I'm trying to be polite. We started out eating at his open-air shelter located down from his house. It's situated on a little pond but rain prevented us from using his little boat on it. Rain, Rain Go Away….We all wanted to play! After indulging in a delicious meal, we all returned to his house. He has his “man-cave” in their basement so everyone had a good time enjoying one another. Our best time always: family time!

Cory had to take our RV up to the HESS business to have a seal leak near one of our wheels fixed. They found the problem when they did our NY inspection. Luckily, we HAVE to have it inspected. Fortunately, I have not put all our indoor decor and paraphernalia out on display so packing up the RV wasn't that taxing. The big-time decorations come out again back at Tropical Palms.

We had a wonderful day when we were able to meet Jill and Bob (TP friends) for lunch. We met at a cute restaurant in Bath, NY….about half way for each of us to drive. The lunch was huge as you can see by my mushroom-swiss burger…..I made a meal just out of the mushrooms! I love mushrooms. Jill and Bob looked great and we had such a good time being with them again.

Every third weekend in July, Wellsville has their big Balloon Rally. Balloonists and folks come from far and near for this event. The weekend before the rally, Wellsville always has a parade. We attended as on-lookers. It was nice but so noisy with all the ambulance and fire engine sirens blasting at full volume. Cory turned off his hearing aids. Halfway through the parade, a bystander collapsed and was taken away by ambulance. Fortunately, there were an abundance of ambulances and first responders in the parade so aid was immediate. That's being in the right place at the right time….if you had to collapse.

The weekend of the Balloon Rally, Main Street is closed and many vendors set up selling their wares or food. By the size of the crowds, you would think we lived in a metropolis…..we don't!! Believe me! Cory and I took our chairs and sat on the knoll overwatching the area where the hot air balloons set up and launch. They are beautiful and seeing so many in one place is awesome. Up, Up and Away!

For movies, Cory and I are streaming them now. However, as a treat, I suggested we go to the movie theater in a neighboring town. Cory was game so we saw “Oppenheimer” at the theater. Fabulous acting and interesting history. The lounger seats were so comfy. I didn't realize I had hit a heater button until it felt like my back was burning up. Ouch! Yowee! WOW! Help! Fire! It was way more than a heating pad. This is the place to go in mid-winter if your house or you are cold.

Walking along Main Street in Wellsville, my little eye spied a washed-out sign. It said this “stone snake” was called Slither and anyone and everyone should add a painted stone to its body. They want to see how big it will grow! So, Cory, me and Lulu carried our painted stone downtown and added it to Slither. Since doing this, we haven't seen much growth. Sad for Slither. It may end up being a short snake.

We had another partial family gathering in Rochester last week. We ate at TGIF. Hadn’t eaten there in ages. Food wasn't that good so probably won't return. Our server was very attentive. It was just great being with our family again.

I'll tell you what food has been really good, though. Our fresh tomatoes from our one tomato plant. What a nice harvest we have had. Oooooo….so tasty! Have you had a “‘mater sandwich?” Oh, yummy, yummy! I think we will do this planting at TP when we return. A second picking…. that would be wonderful.

Our grandson, Ryan, has started a second business besides his main job. He’s making and delivering bagged ice to the various businesses in the area. As you can see, our great-grandson Henry, is ready to help him out. Ryan is truly a hard worker.

Cory and I and Lulu took a cruise in our golf cart down our favorite trail: The WAG. It is an old railroad bed that they have rejuvenated into a nice hiking trail. Anyway, we headed south on it which takes us to the NY and PA border. There’s a concrete post in the ground that lets you know when you have reached this border. As always, we both had to stand with one leg in NY and our other leg in PA. Oh, the fun things we do! So exciting! Lulu couldn't stand (you know why) so we impaled her head on one of the spikes so she could look in both directions on the stake. She was satisfied and happy with this alternative.

Time to close. Hard to believe we are into the month of August now. That means we are on the downhill of summer. Boy, the time has gone by so fast…..I know why!…..”We were having a good time!” Hope you have had the same. Be sure to scroll way….way down to see the 21 photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



2nd August 2023
Slither the Snake which we helped grow

Amazing
Waoo guys you really know how to have fun. Love those pictures.
2nd August 2023
Slither the Snake which we helped grow

Thanks, Mel
And we love YOU, too!
2nd August 2023
You are all very special to us!

summer
thanks for the updates jp
2nd August 2023

Summertime
Looks like you’re hitting all the high spots! Enjoy!
2nd August 2023

We miss you.
It would be more fun if you were here to join us.
2nd August 2023

Thanks
I enjoy reading your blog, especially when it is about the Wellsville area. Keep them coming!
2nd August 2023

Thanks Betsey
Glad to know you are following along with us.
3rd August 2023

Love you guys
Are you still at TP
5th August 2023

Summertime
Wow, you folks sure keep busy! Always enjoy your blog along with the pictures! So glad you got to visit with Jill and Bob! Also you are blessed to spend so much time with family….
6th August 2023

Thanks,Judy
Looking to seeing you both in a few months!!❤️
13th October 2023

Love reading all your blogs!
All your great-grandsond are blondies - and adorable! We're over in Apex area w/E & K now. Gia scored all 3 winning goals in soccer last night; only 1 pt got past goalie Kara! Woo-hoo! Heading north again in a.m. it's been glorious face-to-face, yearned for famiily time again!! Cory, hope your legs feel 100% very soon now! 💖

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb