We Gotta Go!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Wellsville
September 8th 2021
Published: September 9th 2021
Edit Blog Post

It’s time, Folks. Pack your bags. We gotta go. We have to go back. “Back where?”, you ask…..back to our winter respite at Tropical Palms, of course. The chill is in the air. Autumn has arrived. The frost will soon be on the pumpkin. The bus leaves first thing in the morning. Ticket master Lulu will be there to collect your tickets and assign your seats. No crowding, please….plenty of room for everyone. Hope you are as excited as we are to refresh our adventures in the sunny state of Florida.

It’s been a good summer. We thoroughly enjoyed all our times with our family and friends. We made it to all our routine dental and medical appointments ….coming away unscathed fortunately. Our car and RV got all new tires so…..cross your fingers….we should be safe in that respect as we travel the many highways and byways. We are taking our time going down. May stop along the way if we see something that draws our interest. Otherwise, we’ll just keep plugging along until we hit site #317 at Tropical Palms, Kissimmee, Florida.

We added some fun experiences to our memory book. Most of our family gathered one day in Lockport, NY so we could take a boat ride through the Erie Canal locks. We had done similar the year before but this excursion was much longer and we actually rode through several of the working locks. We followed it up with a walking/boat tour through an underground cave that was adjacent to the canal. It was all memorable.

It was like old home-days from TP when we were able to meet up with Jill & Bob in Canandaigua, NY. They were traveling through the Finger Lakes. Great seeing them. But our visitations didn’t end there. On Keuka Lake, we met up with Joe & Bonnie and Jim & MaryJane. They, too, were visiting the Finger Lake region. It was wonderful being altogether again in this different neck of the woods.

Cory had the opportunity to go to Buffalo with our two sons (Cory & Tim) and grandson, Conner. Tim planned and arranged a 2 day “Boys Night Out”. They were to go to a baseball game but rain cancelled it out. They still managed to entertain themselves at the various drinking establishments in downtown Buffalo with the luxury of spending the night in a nearby hotel. Cory and our daughter, Lory, went to a pre-season Buffalo Bills football game. Yea! The Bills won. Go Bills!

Our daughter, Kim, & son-in-law, Jim, had a going away party for our grandson, Travis. He took a new, exciting job in Texas. We all had a festive time at the restaurant where they held his party.

Our daughter, Lory, had her gigantic yard sale. I wasn’t feeling up to par that day so wasn’t much help to her. Hundreds of folks came and bought tons of stuff which made it a great success.

Presently, our son, Cory, and his best friend, Eric, are traveling across the USA. They bought an old van, had it decorated to make it their own and have hit the road for the next 3 weeks. Once they reach their destination (? Pacific Ocean), they are leaving the van (selling or donating it) there and flying back home. What memories they are making!

We were thrilled to see all our grandchildren again. So many changes as they have grown up and gone their various ways. And, on this trip, we met our two new great-grandsons: Henry & Luke. I’m not exaggerating when I say they are both the cutest babies ever!

We drove to St.Mary’s, PA. Here we met up with Cory’s sister, Gwen and our brother-in-law, Bob. It’s always great being with them. We stopped in Smethport, PA. on the way home. Cory grew up in this town. They recently added a new attraction …..called “Old Town Smethport”. It was a delightful place and we wish hadn’t eaten because their menu looked scrumptious. Next time….

And for this “next time” blog…..we shall talk again as we travel down the road together…..Buckle Up!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



9th September 2021

Summer
Great story as usual, Always a treat to read, Hopefully we will see you this fall.
9th September 2021

Thank you
We sure hope you will be back in the Fall….we are counting on it with fingers crossed.
10th September 2021

Great pictures
Safe travels to you guys and looking forward to seeing the both of you and lulu the season. Joe, Linda and Maxine Sending hugs your way!!
10th September 2021

Thank you
We are looking forward to seeing the three of you, too. Happy days when you show up!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb