Canoeing away...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Old Forge
May 17th 2010
Published: May 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,
Whitny's Mom here! Talked to Brian and Whitny today, they could not get any cell phone reception in any of the New York towns they have been in and by accident Whitny left the cell phone on last night and heard a text come in out on the lake and so they realized that they get reception in the middle of nowhere BUT not in any towns! This finding was great for us because we were wondering if they had "canoe-wrecked" and washed up on some remote island somewhere!?!?

Anyways, they started their trek at Old Forge, NY and have already made their way up (or is it down?) and should be finishing Long Lake today. They hope to be at the end of the Racquette River and into a place called Lake Village by Wed night or Thursday morning where they should be able to have internet access and update us all, hopefully complete with some pictures. Our phone connection was spotty so if I have gotten any of the names wrong, forgive me, they will clear it up for us soon!

I'm not sure if they mentioned in any of their earlier blogs but they should be in the top 30 people to complete this Northern Forest Canoe Trail route! How exciting!!!

Well, that's all for now,
Laurel standing in for Captain Ahab and First Mate Starbuck



Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb