Cooperstown and Niagara Falls


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



Untitled Lindsey and I started out our USA road trip at 9 am from Tabor. The drive to New York was beautiful, it's amazing how much you forget about mountains until you see them again. It never ceases to amaze me about how beautiful they really can be. We got to her house in Cobleskill, NY and headed right out to Cooperstown to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. We got to see Todd Helton, Phil Neikro and Tony Gwynn's memorabilia at the museum, which was great for obvious reasons. We ate at a little restaurant called the Doubleday Cafe and got our first meal of the trip! We walked around the town a little bit, making our way to the Doubleday Field where many of the first baseball games were played. Around 7 we got in the car and made our way to Buffalo, NY to stay with Lindsey's friend Liz.
On the morning of the 15th we went to Niagara Falls. We got our first glimpse of the waterfalls on the American side from Goat Island, getting only a partial view of Horseshoe Falls. While here, we got tickets to the Cave of the Winds to walk down and get completely soaked by the falls. They gave us yellow ponchos and really ugly sandals so we could stay partly dry at least. We got in the car and drove across the border to Ontario to the Canadian side of the falls. We went to get some food and made a stop at the casino. Lindsey came out $30 on top, Liz and I lost... The Canadian side of the falls is where the best views are. We rode the yellow bug to get to the top of the Skylon (www.skylon.com) where we could see the falls, the Great Lakes in the distance, the USA and Canada. When we were done with that we got on the boat The Maid of the Mist which takes you right up to the base of the falls. It is amazing how much mist the falls give off, it's almost as if it is raining. The water around the base was so strong that you had to hold on to the railing of the boat to avoid being tossed around suddenly. Absolutely an amazing site. For those of you who know how much I love waterfalls, you know that I couldn't take my eyes off of it. For dinner we went to Brennan's where Liz works for real Buffalo wings. They were so yummy! Lindsey pigged out, but what's new . She and I beat the high score on Word Dojo a Megatouch game in the bar. She was pretty pleased that they had it because they took it away at the Land Ho after she spent her shifts playing. Today we're going to hang out at the pool at Liz's parents house to get some sun and relax before our first race at 9pm tonight in Erie, PA.

Advertisement



16th June 2007

Great Travels!
Sounds like you two are off to a heck of a good start! Drive safe, sleep well, and have lots of giggles!!! I'll be looking forward to more of your Road Rules adventures!!! xo ~Sharoonie! xo
16th June 2007

How Cool!
Way to go girls be safe and have a Blast! I will be following you and your progress!
16th June 2007

You Go!!
Best of luck with your first race! Sounds like things are going well so far - have fun - and I know you will..... Love ya Aunt Holly
16th June 2007

nice house heather!
Hi guys! hope everything is great. i love cooperstown. i got to go see the hall of fame inductions two years ago, it was great. lucky ducks. i am on the cape for the weekend, and got to go see your new house heather. its fantastic. amazing views from the balcony! you definitely lucked out on that one!!! its perfect. anyway, hope the race goes well tonight. i am going to bet hm. linds beats heather on this one. (sorry, just think so...:) good luck!
16th June 2007

Go for it!
Loved the photos! You are the best! Be safe! Have fun! Love, Katie
16th June 2007

Yay for blogs!
Hey gals! I was just thinking about you and your road trip today! Fun blog! Thanks for doing it -- it will be fun to keep up with you on your trip! Have a great race tonight! Love, Les
16th June 2007

how exciting
i know you just started but im sure you girls must be having a blast already. road trips rule!
17th June 2007

the blog is great! I am so jealous of you guys, it sounds like you are going to have a great trip...not to mention being able to play word dojo...have fun!!
17th June 2007

You go girls
Lindsey and Heather, I am so pleased that you sent me your blog. I will love reading every entry. I will live vicariously through you guys and maybe when I grow up I will follow your path, sans the running, of course and go x country, too. Have a great trip, be safe and don't take too many risks!! Love you. Leens
18th June 2007

yipppeee
yippppeeee

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb