New York & Cruise trip 2013


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thursday was not a quiet day! We did a bit more shopping after catching the subway into town and then had some lunch - had a late start. We bought tickets to Mama Mia the Broadway show and ended up there later on that night - which meant filling in 5 hours before the show started. We went to the huge department store - Macy's where I had a makeup session - great fun and then moved on - we did a lot of walking and subway travelling in between times then had dinner at an Irish pub - yum - had Shepherd's Pie - just beautiful.

Off to see Mama Mia which was really great but we all agreed that watching the Movie that we had been spoilt by that but still great to see. Have to say the main character had one of the strongest voices I've ever heard - just fabulous! Check out our photo out the front of the theatre plus some night shots of Times Square.

Got a bit lost by the map reader on the way home and wandered by the amazing Rockefeller Centre with its new Ice Rink - opening on Monday. From there we walked along past a church hall building which had several signs "No Loitering in the Doorways" and so there were a couple of homeless men sleeping out the front....

We were given a couple of bum steers on how to get back to Central Station so ended up catching a taxi to Central Station and then caught the subway home.

Turned out to be a very long day and a late night - good to sleep in today. Sadly Ken and Noveen are heading back home tomorrow and we leave next Wednesday and not home until Friday... due to time changes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb