New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
September 2nd 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Statue of LibertyStatue of LibertyStatue of Liberty

View from the staten island ferry
We woke at 5.30am feeling human. We had breakfast at the deli next to the hotel and then went to south port on the subway. There was work going on so we had to get off and catch a bus for the last bit. We got on the Staten Island ferry at 9.30 to look at the statue of liberty. You basically leave the terminal, the crossing takes half an hour, then disembark at the other end walk round and get back on. Fortunately it is free.
When we got back to the Manhatten side the queue to get the ferry across to liberty and ellis island was twice round the block, so didn't bother.
We then went to the empire state building and went on the skyride, which is a big screen and an emulator that moves as the screen does. It was a helicoptor ride around new york.
Chloe and the girls then went up to the viewing platform, on the 86th floor. I wimped out as I have really bad vertigo. They took the mick mercillesly calling me a big girls blouse and hairy wooss bag.
We then went to Toys 'R' us on time square. The place
empire state buildingempire state buildingempire state building

View from the empire state building
is enourmous. It has a full size working ferris wheel in the middle of the shop. Upstairs there is a full size working T.rex that roars and growls, it scared Aisha half to death so Chloe took her to the 2 storey full size barbie house to calm down. Ellie bought herself a DS Lite and a starter kit which includes a carry case and stuff. I have never seen her so excited.
Aisha told us that it was the best day of her life. Although she denied it the following morning saying that it was boring.
I had been warned that it would be smelly and stuff but it was no worse than London. Although the temperature was in the high 80's so it was increadibly clammy.


Advertisement



8th September 2007

Am sure you were just hunting for full sized Pirates of the Caribbean toys!?!?!

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb