New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
May 9th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

From La Paz we had a full day travelling to New York, via Santa Cruz and Miami, arriving in New York late on Thursday evening. After checking into our hotel in Times Square we headed out to grab a late night snack and saw first hand that New York really is the city that never sleeps. Despite it being nearly midnight the streets were full of people and cars.

We stayed in New York for a week and visited all of the usual tourist attractions; the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Central Park, the Empire State Building (from the outside only; we went to the top of the Rockefeller Centre for the Panaramic views of the city), Wall Street (Guy is an Accountant), Times Square etc. We also went to a Broadway Show (Chicago) which was fantastic. As you can imagine the security to get into any of the tourist attractions was intense. To get into the Statue of Liberty National Park took over 2 1/2 hours from start to finish, including 2 security checks.

We also took bus tours through Brooklyn and the Bronx, and the highlight of the stay was probably a 3 hour cruise around Manhattan
Ground ZeroGround ZeroGround Zero

Construction is currently occurring at the World Trade Centre site. This is how it looked when we were there.
Island. We caught the train out to Coney Island one day but found that there wasn't really a lot there. Of course it was a week day in May and it was fairly cool too so I am sure it is a more vibrant place on weekends, particularly in summer.

It was a very busy week but we both loved New York. The food was also very enjoyable after 6 weeks in South America. There's just something about bacon, eggs and fries for breakfast!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

New York PoliceNew York Police
New York Police

When the police arrive at an incident they always come in big numbers
Manhattan skylineManhattan skyline
Manhattan skyline

Looking back towards Manhattan Island from the Statue of Liberty
Looking downtown from the Top of the Rockafeller centreLooking downtown from the Top of the Rockafeller centre
Looking downtown from the Top of the Rockafeller centre

Looking downtown towards the financial district. The Empire State Building is in the middle of the picture.


Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb