New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 28th 2022
Published: August 28th 2022
Edit Blog Post

27th August, 2022

Christopher, Sandra and I walked down to the United Nations building but forgot that it was the weekend so it was closed. They take the flags down when they are closed but that didn‘t give us the hint. Anyway it was a nice little walk while we were waiting for everyone else to get ready.

Brunch was at a beautiful place called Le Gratin in Beekman Street. Amazing food.

After that, we walked to Battery Park and got the ferry over to Governor Island. What a great place. It had once been a military training island and also a prison. It had been abandoned for a while but is now being slowly rejuvenated. There is a day spa and a couple of places to stay including a glamping site. The old officers houses are being used as art museums. The barracks are eventually going to be turned into a hotel. There is also a farm on the island and the animals seem to be quite happy there. It was a very hot day so we didn’t make it all the way round but it would be interesting to go back in a few years to see what they have done.

Jumped back on the ferry which only takes about 20 mins back to Battery Park. Sandra found herself some more policemen to have her photo with.

Got an Uber back to the hotel to get ready to go to dinner.

We walked to Sinigual which is a Mexican restaurant. OMG it was soo delicious.

Another marathon walk to go to a rooftop bar so we could see some lights. It was worth it as we could see the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and One Vanderbilt. We tried to go to 230 Fifth rooftop which is very popular but the line to get in was 2 streets long so we just went back to the hotel bar and had a couple of drinks there before bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb