New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 24th 2022
Published: August 25th 2022
Edit Blog Post

24th August, 2022

We managed a bit of a sleep in this morning.

Stepped out of the hotel just after 10am and got a taxi to Central Park. We had planned to get an electric bike to ride around the park but he dropped us at a different spot than what I seen before so we didn’t get a bike. We walked to the zoo and looked around there for over an hour. The zoo was ok but I think our Melbourne one is so much nicer and kinder to the animals.

After another hour of walking with no way of knowing where the hell we were as nothing was signposted, we found a path that led out of the park and we ordered a Lyft back to the hotel. Our feet were hot.

Once our feet had rested, we went back down to Times Square to buy some more theatre tickets. We found the same guy that we bought the tickets from yesterday and he was pleased we came back. I had told him yesterday he wasn’t getting a tip till we saw what the seats were like last night and that if they were good, we would come back today, buy some more and give him a tip, which was what we did. We bought tickets to Music Man with Hugh Jackman.

We walked back to the room, got some lunch from the shop next door and just rested our feet. I think we are just about walked out.

Ended up ordering a Lyft to go to the show tonight. It was just too far to walk. We were so glad we got tickets to this show as it was so much fun and lots of laughing and singing. Got a Lyft back to hotel. While we were waiting for the car 1/2 a block from the theatre, we could hear the crowd screaming. Hugh was leaving the theatre in a Lincoln, and drove past us, so we waved hoping he noticed. Got back to the room, had a drink and hit the hay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb