New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 24th 2022
Published: August 24th 2022
Edit Blog Post

23rd August, 2022

We went to the cafe next door for breakfast this morning. It was much better than the hotel breakfast. Sandra had pancakes and I had French Toast.

We walked up to the M&M store to get on the hop on hop off bus by 9:30am. The weather was much better today so we didn‘t need our coats even though we brought them. We got off at Ground Zero and walked around both pools but the museum isn‘t open on Tuesdays so we couldn’t go in.

Jumped on a subway train to go to the Staten Island Ferry. Walked around in circles again looking for a ticket booth and then realised it was free. Got quite a few good pics of the Statue of Liberty and also some skyline shots.

Got on the bus again back to the start and went to buy some cheap tickets for the show Come From Away. Got good seats 9 rows from the front. It was a good upbeat show even though it had a sad backstory.

After that finished, we found a pub called Connolly’s and went to the rooftop. It was packed for a Tuesday night. The baseball was on. Sandra had an Irish stew and I had some calamari and we both really enjoyed it.

Walked back to the room with full bellies and very tired.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022kb