US OPEN TENNIS


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Queens
September 1st 2016
Published: September 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

US OpenUS OpenUS Open

Nishikori Match
Thursday, our second day at the US Open. Check off this bucket list item. We made our first ever trip to the Open last evening. It was fun. So was our second day. Although we did have a three hour rain delay!

After our UBER problems on Wednesday, we decided to once again ride the Long Island RR. It was only $10 each way so why not.

Once we got in the line I convinced Jackie that the security line "with bags" seemed to be moving while the other was not. So, we switched. Bad idea. Listen to your wife and stay in the line she picks.

Inside, we were free to attend any match, except those in the Ashe Stadium. So, we chose the Nishikori vs Khachanov match in the Grandstand. We remembered that Nishi was the 2014 runner up in the Open plus he had just competed in the Olympics finishing with a Bronze metal after defeating Nadal. Nishi won the match in four sets.

We also watched a little of the Radwanska vs Broady woman's match in Louis Armstrong Stadium and some doubles matches.

We were impressed with the new Grandstand court. We
US Open TennisUS Open TennisUS Open Tennis

We watched the Nishikori match. He is very good and could make the Semis.
were there when the rain started about 11:00am. We had a three hour delay. Fortunately, there are seats under some cover in the top of this stadium and that's where we rested, ate and drank.

We departed about 5:00pm and headed back to our hotel. We were disappointed about the delay but enjoyed the event none the less. We found a cake shop on the way back and picked some treats for breakfast in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

US Open TennisUS Open Tennis
US Open Tennis

Well, our luck ran out. We had a three hour rain delay.
US Open TennisUS Open Tennis
US Open Tennis

Cheers. This is the signature cocktail of the US Open, the "Grey Goose Honey Deuce." You have to try this drink if you visit the Open.
US Open TennisUS Open Tennis
US Open Tennis

What's the best thing to do during a rain delay? Drink!
US Open TennisUS Open Tennis
US Open Tennis

This is another thing to do when you are bored during the delay. War Eagle.
US Open TennisUS Open Tennis
US Open Tennis

This time we rode the train back to the Bayside Station. I was pleased to see this colorful woman hold the column from toppling. Strong lady.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb