Hawai'i Planning


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Queens
August 3rd 2014
Published: August 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We debated for a while whether or not to stay in Hilo or Kona for our Hawai'i Island portion of the trip. Kona is apparently the resort area; the place people think of when they think of vacationing in Hawaii. Hilo appears notorious for rain and clouds, but it is close to the parks we are so interested in and the hotels are so much cheaper. I think economical decisions are wise at this point; I'm leaving my job early to prepare for my move (which means a month of rent without income), the move itself will be a bit of an expense, and we would like to start saving to purchase a house. And so we decided on Hilo; we will tough out whatever weather comes along, and the second portion of our trip on Oahu will be more focused on relaxation than adventure. I think it's a fair bargain. We will be renting a car on Hawai'i anyway.



We have our flights from JFK to HNL and back to JFK, the inter-island flights between Oahu and Hawai'i, our car and hotel in Hilo booked. Now to find a hotel to say at on Oahu.



This stuff gives me such anxiety!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb