New York at night


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 13th 2006
Published: September 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After the experience of Ground Zero, we all woke up yesterday ready to hit the sights of New York. As today is my last day here before I leave to spend time with Jen, the girls and I wrote a list with priorities to get "everything" that we wanted to do done!

The first stop was the Met; the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which sits on the edge of Central Park and the classy Park Ave on the Upper East Side. This art museum is the most visited attraction in NY each year!!! Once we had sufficiently satisfied our hunger for every kind of art you would ever wish for, we headed downtown for a quick walk through Wall St. Surprisingly, Wall St, like the rest of my NY experience is nowhere near as manic as I expected it to be. I have been expecting Tokyo rush hour type traffic but I have yet to see it!

After Wall St, we were off to what Georgia refers to as the "Lady"; when she couldn't remember what the Statue of Liberty was called, the Lady was on the only descriptive word she could find, and it has stuck! Since 9/11 you can no longer climb it and since it costs more to get on the island, we just took photos and sat on the ferry until it returned to Manhattan.

Lastly but not least we headed out after some dinner to see the sights that were intended to be seen at night. A quick walk past the Madison Square Garden quickly turned into a security guard opening my bag, taking all my food and water and then starting to frisk me.....somehow we managed to walk into the area for where a Roger Waters cocert was happening. Whoops! After realising our mistake and finding our way out of the middle aged men in tight clothes, we went to the Empire State Building. Once up there you can see the vastness of New York City; streching past Manhattan into Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx. Streching further you can see Jersey Shore and realise what a Metropolis this city really is! The last stop for the evening was Times Square, where by law there is a need for as many neon lights as possible; basically it looks like Japan!

After getting excited about all the lights and realising that they are only just lights i walked into the Virgin Megastore to see how special is really was! Oh My God! This store is the most impressive music store I have ever seen! The store is not that HUGE but they have a DJ playing every hour they are open; they are open until 1 or 2am every night of the week and they sell EVERYTHING to do with music. Its pretty special....

Now I am off to finish NY in style before I leave for Jersey with Jen! Miss You xox



Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb