Bon Voyage!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 24th 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ken gets up and heads out for coffee. I slowly wake up and he returns. I thought he was going to bring coffee but he didn’t make it to Starbucks. His ankle got scraped in the subway last night (in the crowds) and his loafers are hurting…his other shoes are still soaked. We call Annie and Bobbie to see where they are. They are already headed to the ship. We shower and pack up. I ran to Victoria Secret to buy some new bras and underwear, to the GAP to get a few t-shirts (it is so hot!) and we hail a cab. Embarkation is relatively easy, we go to our room and head up the Lido deck and meet everyone for lunch. After lunch we go back to the room, unpack, get organized then we have our safety drill. Then it is time for ‘Sail away’. It’s a beautiful view of the NYC skyline, past New Jersey and the Statue of Liberty. It is still so hot and muggy. I hope it gets cooler as we head north.
Be go back to the room and soon it is time for dinner. We get a round table for 9 and enjoy
Annie with Margie's Martini Annie with Margie's Martini Annie with Margie's Martini

that she cannot drink due to her medication...thus the frown!
our dinner. The service was slow but the guy is working hard and we are in no hurry. The food was just ok…is Carnival cutting back too?
After some chamomile tea we head back to the room. I write and read and Ken goes to the Sports bar to maybe catch some baseball. He met a guy from Pennsylvania and enjoyed talking to him. I am sound asleep when he gets back. I’m reading a stupid book “I don’t know how she does it” and I can’t wait until I am finished to move on to something else. During the night we heard the ship’s fog horn and Ken got up and looked out the balcony and it was fog soup. You could not see anything.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

NYC SkylineNYC Skyline
NYC Skyline

new building at WTC


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb